- defining precisely what we mean by normalization
- defining success: how do we know when our data are normalized appropriately?
- what are good biological, internal, external, or negative controls?
- what is the appropriate statistical distribution of the data?
- what is the appropriate variance stabilization transform to apply to the data?
- what is more appropriate - a modular versus monolithic (joint) approach to normalization — is one more appropriate?
- how should we handle zeros/missing-values in the data?
- how can we effectively benchmark our methods? what data/simulations? what metrics?
- how can we best communicate the findings of these meetings?
- what should we do next?
Coming soon! normjam will be an unconventional meeting—it will neither be just talks, nor will it be a full hackathon. It will be a mix, with careful thought put into the agenda beforehand. We anticipate much participation from attendees to make this a success!